Did you know we’re hiring? We currently have position openings for a part-time maintenance person. Work with us!
EAI VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
EAI has numerous volunteer opportunities whether it’s volunteering on-site at Elephant Refuge North America (ERNA) or providing skilled services that help us with the myriad of activities necessary to run our non-profit.
SPECIAL SKILLS VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
We need your skills! If you are interested in improving elephant welfare, you can provide a skilled trade. We frequently have projects at ERNA that require engineering, welding, plumbing and electrical expertise. We also need volunteers to aid with projects that require other types of special skills such as architectural design and drawings, language translation, graphic design, social media and marketing, legal support and so much more. Many projects can be completed remotely – from anywhere in the world. Find out more and sign up for our Special Skills Volunteer Program.
ELEPHANT REFUGE NORTH AMERICA VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in EAI’s Elephant Refuge North America (ERNA) and your desire to improve the welfare of captive-held elephants. Our onsite volunteers experience this elephant paradise firsthand as they assist staff in daily habitat duties. Please note ERNA does not offer volunteer experiences that include interaction with elephants.
Volunteer activities include daily dung removal from the elephant barn and habitat, weed eating around fence lines and buildings, restocking produce, hay, and grain for the elephant(s), and other projects at the Refuge. Volunteers who have trailers can help with produce pick-up.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of your volunteer day, OR if 15 to 17 years of age, must have a parent/guardian’s written consent
- Be in good physical condition, able to walk on uneven terrain, bend, squat, and be on your feet for hours at a time. Shoveling heavy wet sand and rolling hay bales are common activities.
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Be comfortable working outdoors in extreme heat, rain, and cold
- Live within a two-hour radius of the refuge located in Attapulgus, GA
- Commit to two scheduled 4 hour shifts per month for a 6 month period or more. Day of shift must remain the same. Shifts are available Monday-Sunday from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Volunteer Days are smoke, alcohol, and drug-free.
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch! Fields marked with a * are required.